Friday, February 12, 2010

Fasching 2010

O's Kindergarten celebrated Fasching (Mardi Gras) on Thursday. Each classroom had a theme. O's was Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. (I am not going to attempt to translate that into German. I do know that dwarf is zwerge, since I have been hearing O say it. Alot!) My first question was how do I made my 3 foot child look like a dwarf? Seems redundant to me. I went to the Thrift Shop and bought a pair of pants, shirt and belt figuring I could do something with that. I cut the pants, he wore strumpfhosen underneath them (sweater type tights that every German child wears, I believe), belted the shirt, crafted a hat out of the material I bought for H's Yoda Halloween costume and finally, made a beard and mustache. I just hot glued cotton balls onto pipe cleaners for the facial hair. O loved it, but was camera shy when it came to showing off the outfit. He even kept it on at home. Not bad for my $3.50 'custoon' as O calls it.

Owen not happy about showing his zwerge self....


And the only men in the house with facial hair at this time (at least for a few hours)...

No comments: