Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 14

First, Happy Mother's Day to all those Moms out there. I wish I was on the same continent as my Mom to give her a big hug, take her out shopping, and have lunch together. Perhaps next year. This year, I called her and I will go upstairs to a secret box (which isn't so secret anymore) filled with old silk scarves she gave me. I have not used any of them. I kept them in that same box, because when I open it, it smells like my Mom. I love it and her. Awwwwww, gosh I miss her!

I remember at my Grandparents house, a wonderful picture that my Grandfather made. When he passed, my parents asked me if there was anything special that I wanted. I loved the picture Grandpa Ernie did. It was silhouettes of my Grandma, Grandpa and their 2 boys (my Dad and Uncle Bob). The silhouettes were made out of metal. It is great. My Mom had already taken it off the wall and put it aside for safe keeping at that time. Now, it hangs in their house. I figured it was time to do these of my boys. Of course, with paper, not metal!

So, I took profile pictures of each of the boys. The pictures are nice because the shadow really let me know what the silhouettes would look like. I didn't plan the shadow....it just worked that way.

I bought some acid free black and white paper. I printed the pictures and glued them on to the black paper with a glue stick (very little). Then I cut out both the photo and black paper at once. I then glued the silhouette onto the white paper and framed them in cheapie frames. I love the way they turned out. O's is very much him. H's is him, but not as obvious as O's. Maybe we need a family one?

No comments: