Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 25

A while ago I bought some fabric and ribbon with the intention of making a skirt from it. I finally made one.

I took a favorite H&M skirt, (I have one in every color--Mark calls it the summer 'uniform') and put it on the fabric. I just cut (gasp... no measuring!) around the H&M skirt giving a little extra for seam allowance. I stitched up the sides, used fold over elastic for the top and hemmed the bottom. All very easy. Then, it needed something. Since it was the color of scrubs, it really needed some oomph. So, I played around with the ribbon that I bought for it. Couldn't figure out what to do with it; edge the bottom, a swirl on the front; down the sides? I ended up scrapping the ribbon thing after remembering a Boden skirt!
Here is the inspiration skirt....Here is what I ended up with.

No comments: