Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No Longer Our Baby




I must admit, I cried like no tomorrow the night before Henry's first day of Kindergarten. I cried for so many reasons. I thought I got it all out before that Tuesday. That morning, I put on my super waterproof mascara and took our guy to school with me. He was so ready. I learned this summer that I can not home school (many of you know my thoughts on that subject) or be a Reading Recovery teacher. We tried as we could to learn to read, but I guess my job is to have fun with my boys. He couldn't take me seriously, I guess. And you know what....I am so happy for that! They want to just have fun with me! Now if only I can be as fun as Dad. I have some work to do. Anyway....
So I have the waterproof mascara on, Dad meets us at school, and we send him in. He is in such wonderful hands. I knew he was; we requested this particular teacher. But, I still cried. Henry, he was a champ and marched right in and had a great day. He has had a few bumps in the road, but I am amazed at what he is learning. Out of no where he sometimes sings the school song or picks up a book to tell us the parts. His favorite part of the day, playing on the playground.

No comments: