Sunday, September 19, 2010

Summer in Norway

This year, our summer vacation took us to Norway. Mark really wanted to see the fjords. I, not knowing what to expect, was along for the ride. It wasn't high on my to see list. We started out of Dover, England, which was like a coming home for us. And we did cross on the ferry. Something I said I would never do again. I really didn't remember Dover being so depressed. It is such a run down town. We took the boys to see the white cliffs, shopped at Tesco, and had a great steak and ale pie. So, it wasn't all bad. Then, we boarded our ship, and headed for Norway. Here are some pictures of the trip. The weather did not cooperate. We left 90 degree weather, only to vacation in dreary, drizzly weather. But the sights were spectacular.....


This was in Molde; it was our 12 year anniversary and we hiked up this mountain. (I think that's the ship in the background.) When we honeymooned in Tahiti, we biked around the island and I complained the entire time. Not much has changed in 12 years.


Taken from the train up a fjord in Flam. The train kept breaking down, so we went up 3/4 of the way, then came back down. It was just fine with us. They refunded our ticket money (did I mention everything in Norway is really, really expensive?) and there wasn't anything to see at the top. The greatest part were sights on the way up.


Geirganger. Pretty breathtaking, huh?


In front of the Oslo Opera House.


The boys on the white cliffs of Dover.

No comments: